17 – 21 July 2023 at Charles University, Prague, Czechia
Welcome to the EO4Educators website
International Summer School on Earth Observation for Educators (EO4Educators) 2023 is hosted by Charles University in Prague, Czechia and will take place from 17 to 21 July 2023.
Goals and objectives
The aim of the summer school is to promote and give hands-on training to teachers of primary and secondary schools around Remote Sensing/Earth Observation (EO) and to show how EO can be implemented into schools in cooperation with teachers. The summer school is an educational platform where scientists and teachers of primary and secondary schools can exchange modern teaching ideas of how satellite data, GIS and digital skills can be successfully brought into the classroom.
Teachers of primary, secondary and high schools.
Karolinum, Ovocný trh 560/5, 110 00 Staré Město, Prague
- The official language is English.
- The participation is free of charge.
- Accommodation for the participants is supported by organizers.
- Participants are expected to cover their own travel costs.
- Participants will use their own laptops.
- Application is open for educators/teachers to nationals of (or those living/working in) all EU Member States.
Lecturers and trainers
- Prof. Alexander Siegmund – Heidelberg University of Education
- Doc. Přemysl Štych – Charles University
- Dr. Maike Petersen- Heidelberg University of Education
- Dr. Josef Laštovička – Charles University
- Dr. Jakub Jelen – Charles University
- Ing. Natalia Kobliuk – Charles University
- Mgr. Daniel Paluba – Charles University
- Mgr. Jan Svoboda – Charles University
The deadline for the applications is 30 June 2023
Successful applicants will be informed by e-mail by the 1 July 2023
In case of questions don’t hesitate to ask Natalia Kobliuk (firstname.lastname@example.org)